The Notorious Blog of Some Guy Complaining About Stuff

12 July, 2011

Global Symbols

If I was Emperor of the World, I would do away with all this nonsense of National Anthems, National Flags, National Parks, National Birds, National Flowers, National Pastas, and so on and so forth. Instead I would make a single Global Anthem, Flag, Bird, Park, Flower, Pasta, etc... They would be as follows.

Global Bird: The Snowy Owl

Global Park: New Zealand (I'd turn in it into a public park for the world)

Global Flower: The hydrangea (hydrangeas are pretty awesome-looking)

Global Animal: The nautilus

Global Tree: Bonsai tree

Global Color: Purple

Global Dish: Cream puff

Global Pasta: Mac 'n' Cheese

Global Sport: Soccer (no need to change that)

Of course, I'd force John Williams, Danny Elfman, Yoyo Ma, Koji Kondo, Hans Zimmer, Thomas Newman, Howard Shore, Dario Marienlli,  Elton John, what's left of the Beatles, and Bruce Springsteen to compose a hour-long Global Anthem with words written by the greatest poets of our time like-... ... Anyway, I'd have creative teams of hundreds of people to design our flag and after I approve the Anthem and the Flag, then we'll have all we need to have successful Global Symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment